My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

MORE MARX!!

Here it is, Lecture 2 in my series on the thought of Karl Marx.  Be the first among your friends to watch it.  Guaranteed to give you pangs of nostalgia for the good old days.

4 comments:

mesnenor said...

I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats.

s. wallerstein said...

Thank you very much.

Watching your two videos on Marx has crystallized a decision to undertake a serious study of Marxism for the next few years. I generally read in a fairly planned and organized way and among the contenders for my next project was Proust's In Search of Lost Time, but Marxism
has a social value, puts me in fruitful contact with others that Proust definitively does not and it's a wise idea, I believe, to do something socially useful in my old age.

I hope to "feel at home" (to use Marx's eloquent phrase) with Marxism. That will take some time.

Jerry Brown said...

Thanks- I listened to it late last night but fell asleep half way through it. Great night's sleep but I woke up feeling somehow alienated. I will try it again tonight and let you know if the effect persists.

Rickard said...

Thank you, sir. I really have enjoyed the first two lectures. I am trying to grasp the Frankfurt school also and I think it could be informative to hear your take on it. Alt-right and other liberal critics like Jordan B Peterson take aim at Cultural Marxism, identity politics and are not going to Marx himself. What are the difference between Cultural Marxism and Marx? Is there a fruitful way for the left by going back to Marx and going around the Frankfurt school?