My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

AVE ATQUE VALE

I pause on my birthday to take note of the passing of Carrie Fisher at the untimely age of sixty.  Her death is especially startling since I just saw her in the latest Star Wars episode.  Princess Leia's reunion with Han Solo was, for old timers like me, a touching moment in a so-so movie.

1 comment:

TheDudeDiogenes said...

Indeed, I am not so old (only 34), but seeing Han and Leia on the big screen together again was a beautiful thing for me, as I grew up on Star Wars but was too young to have seen the original runs of the original trilogy. (I did see the Special Editions in the cinema in high school, but only to see Star Wars on a big screen. I was NOT a fan of the added footage/fx. And for me, that was half my life ago, already!)

Anyway, many happy returns of the day Professor. When you "become one with the Force" so to speak, I will be even more overwhelmed with "feels" (as the youth today say), because although I have always admired General/Princess Leia Organa, I have obviously never interacted with her, as I have you, even though it be mediated by the internet.

Apologies for my prolixity; I have had several shots of whiskey after (mostly) abstaining for over a week. You have been an intellectual inspiration to me on the order of Nietzsche, Camus, and Tolkien, Professor. I cannot offer any higher praise than that. Happy birthday!