My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

HOW TO FILL THE DAYS IN MY OLD AGE

Some of you may recall that in May, 2012, I wrote several posts about an exciting new opportunity for me at Bennett College, the oldest Historically Black Women's College in America.  I am sorry to report that things did not go as I had hoped, and I shall not be working at Bennett after the end of this semester.  It is a long story, and not at this time ready to be told.

Which leaves me, once again, wondering what I am going to do with myself.  The opportunity offered by The Society for Philosophy and Culture in Canada to make my out-of-print books available on Amazon.com as e-books has given me an idea.  I think I am going to explore the possibility of assembling several volumes of my published and unpublished papers.  There are not so many published papers as you might suppose -- maybe thirty published academic papers, a goodly number of reviews and replies to critics, and then a number of political writings, letters to the editor, and the like.  In addition, of course, there are the tutorials, mini-tutorials, and appreciations that I wrote for this blog and have archived on box.net.  And finally there are the unpublished essays and lectures that languish in a file drawer in my office.

The principal problem in putting this project together is the fact that most of these items exist only in printed form or typescript, not in electronic form.  That means a good deal of scanning and reading into an optical character recognition program or, as a last resort, retyping.  It seems to me that this should keep me out of trouble for some time to come. 

2 comments:

TheDudeDiogenes said...

That seems an ambitious project. I look forward eagerly to its completion!

Magpie said...

Prof.

You are a good, experienced teacher.

In this blog, apart from entertaining us with your ideas, you are also teaching us.

Don't underestimate yourself.